Seasonal Pitches Terms and Conditions
SEASONAL CARAVAN PITCH – WYRESIDE LAKES 2018 SEASON
- This contract supersedes any previous contracts or agreements between Wyreside Lakes and its caravan members. We reserve the right to make amendments to our terms & conditions mid-season if deemed necessary for the safety and welfare of our clients and / or if there are any legislative changes.
- Wyreside lakes fishery accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings including caravans, external storage, awnings or appliances whilst members are on the site. We accept no liability for accidents in the children's play area so please supervise your children whilst using this facility. Dogs are not allowed in the children’s play area. Any damages to the Wyreside property must be paid for. If you notice any damages or potentially dangerous areas, please notify a senior member of staff immediately.
- A minimum of £740 (4 full month’s stay) must be paid in advance for any new members joining in the current year which is non-refundable. Payments of £185 will begin from the third month as one month’s payment will be held in bond. All membership fees are set at a monthly rate as we do not have a closed period. All standing order payments are continual until such time your contract has come to an end. All payments are based on a full month despite arrival dates. Existing members should maintain their standing order instruction until such time notification is given of any payment changes -which is generally enclosed within the winter newsletter. New members should request a standing order mandate from reception and once completed it should be taken to your bank for instruction or set up on on-line banking. Any over payments on a standing order will not be refunded, it is your responsibility to cancel or set up any standing orders. If you fail to keep your payments up to date we reserve the right to move your caravan into a holding area and sell your space. You will then be asked to clear your account and vacate the campsite without refund of your bond payment. If you abandon your caravan for a period of over 3 months we reserve the right to take ownership of the caravan and sell it to recover the arrears on your account.
4. If you intend to leave the campsite at any time during the season you must provide one full month’s notice in writing. It is your responsibility to cancel your standing order. Any monies overpaid, or bond payments will not be refunded at any time. Should you wish to remove your caravan before the final date of your notice -no refund will be issued. We reserve the right to sell the pitch at any time once it becomes vacant. If your bond payment does not cover the current monthly rate, you will be asked to pay the balance difference to settle your account.
5. Wyreside Lakes has a holiday home (non-residential) status – we are closed are Christmas Day and Boxing day annually. While you have full access to your caravan during the open season, you are not allowed continual long stays. As a guide we state that you may use your caravan weekly for no more than 3 nights. You are not allowed to use your caravan ‘for the purpose of a sole residence’ and must not use your caravan for a period longer than 14 consecutive days.
6, All members must come and SIGN IN at RECEPTION when entering the fishery. We must have an account of who is on site at all times for compliance with Lancaster City Council, on site security and fire regulations. You must also indicate in the book how many days you have stayed on site when signing out. 7. Subletting of caravans is not allowed, however shared ownership (max of two surnames & proof of joint ownership must be provided) and family usage (with the owner of the van present) is permitted. You can have 1 guest signatory who can use your caravan in your absence - the signatory must be over 21 years of age. Signatories must read the contract and sign underneath to confirm they have read and understood the details within and agree to abide by them. Any signatories are classed as members and as such can come through the barrier, sign in and utilise the caravan. If you have any non-signatories staying in your van with you overnight, they must come and sign in the visitor’s book at reception and park in either of the public car parks. Day visitors are not allowed into the park and must park in the top visitor car park. Members must observe that there is one car parking allocation per caravan, any extra vehicles must be parked in the nearest overflow car park.
7, Your guests conduct may impact on your membership and if they or any of their party is in breach of the signed contract. Wyreside lakes reserve the right to terminate your membership should any aspect of your contract be breached and vacate your pitch without any refund. It is not allowed for guests to use their barrier passes for other guests, they must sign in at reception and follow check in / parking guidelines. Any guests who are not staying overnight must follow the same signing in procedure, but they must vacate the site by dark as the gates will be closed after this time. This rule also applies to any fishing visitors.
8. All Caravans must be the adequate berth for the number of persons occupying the unit. For example - for two people a 2 birth plus caravan or for 4 persons a 4 berth plus would be required. Persons should not exceedthe birth of caravan used – Awnings are not classed as sleeping quarters. This is essential to comply with the site risk assessments, insurances and company health and safety policy.
9, Electrical items - All hook-ups must be disconnected when the caravan is not in use. The electric supply will remain permanently switched on throughout all school holiday times – February half term, Easter, Spring Bank week, 6 week Summer Holidays, October half term and Christmas / New Year’s . Outside of the holidays all power will be switched off at the box and you will have to switch on when you arrive. We do not allow the use of any hook up adaptors or indoor electrical 3 pin adaptors or extension leads. Internal sockets must be used indoors only.
10. All pitches provide 10 amps to each unit. Electric fires are not allowed. Gas fires and the appropriate caravan friendly electrical appliances should be used. No electrical appliances should be left switched on whilst the van is unoccupied. All cables must be the correct size for the distance away from the main electrical socket. For example, a 4m cable may be required for a caravan sited next to the electric supply but caravans further away may need 10, 15 or 25 m. All cables must be lifted and secured where possible and buried where there are no wooden staves. They must not contravene any health and safety risk assessments or policies.
11. Awnings can be erected from the 1st of May and must be taken down by October 31st each consecutive year. Full awnings should be no more than 3.5 metres in width. Porch awnings can be erected after this time - no bigger than 240cm square (approx. 8ft sq) and you must ensure that no electrical items are used in case of awning damage in the winter months and potential water leakage. If your porch awning is over the regulation size you will be asked to remove it. If any awning type suffers any damage, we will notify you by telephone or on social media, however we cannot take any responsibility for recovering your awning or its contents.
12, Guests are welcome to beautify their pitch area. We allow decking, planting, and storage units – however they must be within size guidelines as some of our paddocks have different pitch sizes- please ask at reception for any assistance before you go ahead with any works. As a guide, we always recommend that any decking does not exceed the length of your caravan and that you leave at least 4ft between your car parking space and the next caravan along. Also, any decking erected on site must be put together in a way that can be easily dismantled should we need to access the ground underneath for any maintenance or drainage purposes. We also insist that any decked areas have a fence and gate to ensure this space is private and that no members of the public can gain access. We also stipulate that the correct non -slip wood decking is used and not pallets as they are slippy, not waterproof and unsightly. However, if your raised area is solely for under your full awning, then pallets can be used. If any neighbour / disputes occur, it may be deemed necessary to decrease the size of your decking.
While we do not have any policy on the ages of the caravans on site, we do ask that they are in good condition, serviced, insured and cleaned annually. We appreciate that you may wish to wait until the ravages of winter are over but we do insist that you check and clean your van anytime from March onwards. We can recommend a valeting service to you and have the telephone numbers at reception should you want your van professionally cleaned.
13, All members’ caravans must provide copy evidence of inspection and electrical testing-for Health and Safety and fire regulations. This document must be within 3 years’ validity. All members must also provide copy evidence of their annual caravan insurance before arrival. Once on site, paperwork must be in validity at all times. This document is essential to send onto our insurers and invalid / no paperwork will affect your membership.
14. All external gas canisters must be secured either by chain or tied to your caravan (generally the ‘A’ frame) for health and safety purposes.
15, Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian. They must not be left anywhere on the property unattended. Please remember that we are adjacent to 6 lakes and the river Wyre & that we are in open countryside.
16, Please respect the licensing law and take notice of the licensing terms and conditions. Under no circumstances will children be served alcohol at the bar and children must not approach any bar area after 9pm for any reason. Children are not allowed to purchase cigarettes for adults. Confectionery and soft drinks will be available in the shop / behind the restaurant bar. Your own food or drink must not be consumed in any of the public areas of the main building or the extended area of the bar into the beer garden.
17, Please note we are a non- smoking facility and we uphold a zero tolerance to drugs policy. All members who smoke must behave responsibly and set an example to other guests by smoking only in the designated areas.
18, Please respect private entrances. There is no public access through the gates / gardens of the farmhouse.
19, All dogs must be kept under control and all dog waste must be collected and disposed of appropriately. Dogs must not be left unattended in cars and must wear a collar and identity tag at all times. Dogs can be exercised on a lead around the lakes & estate grounds but we must insist that you follow the directional signs in Fox’s wood as there are areas which are extremely dangerous and are now closed for your safety and to prevent further erosion. There are signs in the wood directing you to the connecting fishery paths and please ensure that your children do not paddle or swim in any of the lakes on the Wyreside Estate or in the river Wyre.
20. Water slides of any kind are banned. They cause danger by saturating the grass and could cause a slip hazard. Please refrain from utilising any grassed areas when the grass is wet or boggy – this will do excess damage to the ground and will inhibit the recovery time.
21, Fireworks of any kind are not permitted at any time at Wyreside lakes. We are not covered on our company insurance policy. Also with regards to the general public and animals in close proximity this could be hazardous to health and contravene our company health and safety policy.
22, Disposable BBQ’s and open fires are not allowed. Traditional BBQ’s are welcome and chimenea’s or fire pits are permitted but they must have a lidded chimney or fine mesh screen – to prevent embers rising and preferably fitted with a protective grill on the front. Any fire items must be attended at all times and extinguished properly after use. You must ensure that your fire is at least 3 meters away from any caravans, awnings, shelters or cars and you must have your own fire extinguisher available and in close proximity. We also have a fire risk assessment below this list which we ask you to read and agree to abide by as part of your membership terms and conditions.
23,Only domestic waste can be disposed of in the bin area. Waste such as: carpets, BBQ’s, camping & gardening equipment etc cannot be placed in the skips or left at the fishery. Please ensure that you dispose of litter in the area provided.
24, For the welfare of our guests and protection of our business, we reserve the right to terminate your membership (without refund) if you or members of your party cause any un-lawful damage to the property of Wyreside Lakes, or the property of others and/or display anti-social behavior that may impair the enjoyment and comfort of other guests. We also reserve the right to terminate your membership with regards to the protection of our business reputation against any libelous actions, including internet defamation.
25, Noise of any kind (outdoor music, generators and party games) must cease by 11pm.
26, Any entertainment provided except for the annual music festival (usually held on the 3rd weekend of July) is provided is free of charge - there is no provision made in your membership fees for entertainment as this would be unfair on those that don't frequent the bar and restaurant.
27, Members must acknowledge that if they sell or gift their caravan, the new owner does not have the right to access and continue the membership of the previous owner.
28,Members who wish to move pitches once they are sited at Wyreside Lakes will be charged a £25 moving fee to cover staff & material costs involved in the process.
29, We reserve the right to close the estate by advance notice for health and safety purposes should the situation be deemed necessary for the safety of our members.
Risk Assessment for a Chimenea and Fire Pit
existing measures/ new measures
who is responsible & when?
Fire & heat
burning to skin & clothes
· Supervision of the fire, one person to be sat beside fire at all times while alight or hot embers remain, to ensure no-one has unsupervised access.
· Children will be particularly supervised and given fire safety advice.
· First aiders and first aid box will be available.
· A personal fire extinguisher will be present and you will note where the nearest site fire extinguisher is located.
The owner of the chimenea is ultimately responsible and all those using it.
Fire out of control
as above and damage to area.
· As above
· Fire area will be away from buildings.
· The fire will not be under overhanging trees which may catch alight.
· A good supply of water will be available to put out flames and dampen heat.
· A fire blanket will be available to wrap around person who may be alight.
The owner of the chimenea
Falls into fire
burning to skin & clothes
· As above &
· Children have a safety brief before entering the fire pit area.
· No walking between the seats and fire allowed.
· Maximum of 8 people at fire (inc. adults).
The owner of the chimenea
· The position of the fire will be away from any caravans, tents, awnings, shelters, storage containers and cars.
· The wind direction will be constantly assessed and participants will be advised to move safely out of smoke direction.
· Dry suitable wood used to prevent excess smoke. wood can not be sourced anywhere from the Wyreside estate - we do not want to disturb the natural ecology of the park and risk danger of scorching the ground or large uncut pieces being used which could be a fire hazard.
· Use clear goggles if needed to prevent eye damage
The owner of the chimenea
Heat from hot embers.
burning to skin & clothes
· When the fire activity is finished, the embers will be dampened and cooled with water and in the morning will be disposed of in the metal ash container near the children’s play area.
The owner of the chimenea
Wyreside Lakes Sunnyside Farmhouse
Dolphinholme, Lancaster LA2 9DG
PLEASE RETAIN PAGES 1 - 4 - RETURN ONLY THIS SHEET – PAGE 6
I confirm that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of my membership and that my membership may be terminated- without refund- if I or any of my party display any anti-social behaviour that may impair the safety and / or enjoyment of any other guests and If I or any of my party cause any unlawful damage to the property of others or the property and reputation of Wyreside Lakes.
2018 SEASON: MEMBERSHIP NAME …………………………………………………………………………………….
2018 payment schedule
Please sign below on behalf of yourself and any other members in your party if you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in pages 1 and 2 – sections 1 to 26.
Vehicle 1 – make / colour and registration……………………………………………………………………..
Vehicle 2 – make / colour and registration……………………………………………………………………..
Vehicle 3 – make / colour and registration……………………………………………………………………..
Caravan make and model:…………………………………………………………………………………………..
Caravan chassis number:…………………………………………………………………………………………….
Accommodation Birth of caravan:……………………………………………………