Campsite & Glamping Pod Terms and Conditions
All customers please read carefully before confirming your booking.
We appreciate your co-operation and understanding on the terms and conditions outlined below and our agreement is formed upon receipt of the required deposit payment or formal confirmation of a booking made. Where discounts are available only one discount will apply per total booking. For assistance with information or online bookings please call our reception on 01524 792093 - any bookings made over the telephone will carry a £2.50 (non refundable) admin charge. Our reception opening hours are from 8am until 5pm November to April and from 8am until 8pm - May to October annually for telephone calls and check ins. Please note - in the winter months we will be able to receive arrivals up to 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays only - Sunday to Thursday our office closes at 5pm.
If a member of staff is not available please leave a message and we will return your call as quickly as possible or alternatively email us at email@example.com or Facebook inbox us at www.facebook.com/wyresidelakes/
We are strictly a family and couples camp site (over 21 years). We do not allow any single sex groups including stag or hen parties. We do not accept group bookings. Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
We will endeavor to place families together, however, we cannot guarantee this particularly if the arrivals are separated in time and date. All bookings (either deposits or payments in full) are non refundable. Bookings can be transferred up to (not including) 7 days before arrival after this time bookings are non transferable and non refundable. Our booking system will only allow date transfers a maximum of 3 times.
NO FIRES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED - TRADITIONAL BBQ'S ON LEGS CAN BE USED BUT MUST BE EXTINGUISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH OUR FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE
Important notice concerning Fox’s Wood.
The section of Fox’s Wood leading from Fox’s Lake (peg 1 roadside entrance) through to the right along the path which exits at the back of River Lake is now closed off. There are several signs advising 'No through Route’ and ‘Danger Erosion’. Following ‘Storm Desmond, Frank and Doris - we sustained devastating flooding and the destruction of much of the bank areas along the river. Now the water has subsided the ground is unstable and is extremely dangerous. Please ensure that all members of your party do not enter this area.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
- All our bookings are taken online via our booking system or directly at reception. A 50% non-refundable deposit will be payable on booking - we do not accept credit cards cheques or amex. No refunds of deposits are given for customer cancellations under any circumstances. When booking you can choose to pay the amount in full or more than the 50% deposit required, however the deposit will always be retained to cover costs in the event a cancellation. We recommend that you take out the adequate holiday insurance to cover any loss you may incur should you need to cancel. Bookings are not transferable. Any booking can be moved up to 7 days before arrival after this time bookings are not movable, transferable or any payments refundable.
- We reserve the right to refuse any day visitor entry. We respectfully ask that you declare if you intend to have visitors during your stay. It is important to have a list of all visitors to the site for security and health and safety reasons. There is a car park charge in force for any non guest visitors to the site - £1 per day per car. Please keep the ticket for inspection- this ticket is also redeemable off purchases from the shop, bar or restaurant.
- All weekend electric bookings must be for 2 nights minimum from the Friday and during all Bank Holidays a 3 night minimum from the Friday (or beforehand).
- Campsite / Pod guests who are staying at Wyreside Lakes are entitled to a 10% discount on any fishing permits. When promotional discounts are enforced, the cheapest rate will be discounted.
- We will not accept late arrivals unless we are previously notified so that we can allocate a separate space. Some of the camp grounds are not lit at night and we do not want to disturb our guests that may have young children already asleep. We appreciate your co-operation and understanding.
- No refunds of camp site fees are given due to bad weather - unless the Management decide to close the campsite due to serious flooding issues. In this circumstance a full refund will be given or the booking deposit moved to another agreed date. We reserve the right to place our guest accommodation where is most suitable to the ground conditions at the time. We will endeavour to allow your vehicle to be next to your accommodation but reserve the right to ask you to park your vehicle and walk to your pitch if the ground is not suitable to drive onto.
- Any camping bookings made though 3rd party non affiliated websites can not be transferred to any other dates other than booked or upgraded to any other pitch type or product / service within the Wyreside lakes business portfolio.
On- site Terms and Conditions - Camping and Caravanning:
- All site fees must be paid on arrival. All campers and their visitors MUST register at reception before going onto site itself.
- Campsite check in time is from 12.00 pm onwards until 9.00 pm in the summer months and until just before dark in the autumn / winter months. Departure is by 12.00 midday.
- Pod check in is from 2pm and departure is by 10am daily.
- No anti social or drunken behavior: CONSIDERATE CAMPERS ONLY.
- For office / barrier opening times please check the gatepost sign or ask a member of staff on your arrival.
- Please retain your receipt as you may be asked to present it as proof of payment.
- Post or Telephone messages are not relayed onto the site. A Cash machine is located in the restaurant area.
- No persons are allowed near the farm building, livestock or machinery.
- All waste and rubbish must be placed in the skips provided. In the unlikely event that the skips are full, all rubbish must be placed in black bin liners and tied securely. White plastic carrier bags are not acceptable. Due to our environmental policy and commitments the waste refuse collected from this site is domestic waste only, Household waste such as carpets, BBQ’s, Garden accessories and / or any other forms of non-domestic waste are not allowed, please take these home. Please recycle cardboard, paper, tins and glass in the recycling centre and if anyone is found putting waste in the recycle bins they will forfeit their pitch without refund.
- Adults are responsible for children in their care. Children must be supervised at ALL times by a parent or guardian. No unaccompanied children are allowed in the facility block or to be left on site unattended . Ball games are allowed on the area in front of the children's play area only, under no circumstances are children to play around the tents, seasonal caravans or driveways. Please observe that the campsite is adjacent to 7 fishing waters and the river Wyre.
- Wyreside Lakes accepts no liability for any accidents in the children’s play area so please supervise your children carefully whilst using this facility.
- When using hook-up points, please remember that they are 10 amps and the relevant low volt camping equipment should be used. Household 13 amp appliances will trip your electric supply and possibly the supply of other units if severely overloaded. When you book for an electric pitch please ensure that your cable is over 25 meters as some of our pitches are not adjacent to electrical hook up boxes. We may not always have extension cables available for you to borrow during your stay. If you borrow an electric cable a £20 deposit will be required which will be given back on return of the cable.
- Any damages to the property of Wyreside Lakes must be paid for. Wyreside Lakes accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of personal belongings whilst visiting the site.
- DISPOSABLE BBQ’S AND OPEN FIRES ARE NOT ALLOWED. Any cooking equipment – on stands / legs – lifted off the ground are welcome. No burning or scorching the grass and strictly no coals are allowed in the camp site bins.
- Please respect the licensing laws. Under no circumstances will children be served any alcohol or tobacco, however they may purchase soft drinks and confectionery from the bar until 9pm daily.
- Please note that the farmhouse is private and there is no access to the general public through its courtyard, gates or gardens.
- Please remember that anglers are also patrons of Wyreside Lakes. Please do not walk around the estate in large groups and do not walk around the lakes after dark.
- Each camping field has its own water supply and fire points. Please ensure you know where they are. There are 5 Elsan and waste water points around the site – ask a member of staff for further details.
- Should you discover a fire please use the nearest alarm - if outdoors a bell / claxon can be used – if inside the main building there are push button points and a fire alarm will sound. Immediately afterwards you should either dial 999 (if you have a mobile) stating the Wyreside address or notify a member of staff at reception to contact the fire brigade. Please take note of where all the fire escape routes are when using the facilities in the main building. The assembly point is in the main car park.
- All dogs must be kept under control and on a lead in populated areas. Any dog waste must be collected and placed in the bins – poop bags are available in the site shop. The management has discretion regarding the acceptance of dogs on the site and this is on the condition that the dog owner accepts full responsibility, keeps the dog on a lead at all times when on site. All fouling must be cleaned up by the dog owners, DOGS MUST NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME.
- Please leave the communal toilets/showers clean and tidy for the use of other guests. The outside sinks are for dish washing only.
- Please drive carefully when on the property and observe the speed limits at all times. Remember - children are at play.
- These rules and regulations are there to ensure all visitors at Wyreside Lakes have a safe and happy stay. Any persons found not complying with any of the above regulations will immediately be asked to leave without refund.