Day ticket and Season Ticket rules and regulations
Bookings are preferred during spring, summer and early autumn as we only have limited spaces on each water. We can reserve a place on the waters- not specific pegs. In the quieter winter months October to February it may not always be necessary to make a booking and deposits may not always be required. Strictly no male adult guests, only partners or children upto the age of 15 are allowed on an overnight stay and campsite charges are applicable. Discounts are available for group / lake bookings, or for individual bookings over 7 nights -please telephone reception on 01524 792093 or email us at email@example.com
LAKE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- We are open for fishing all year excluding Christmas day and Boxing Day.
- Pike fishing is only allowed between the 1st October and 31st March.
- Doubling up on swims is not allowed. Each swim is designated for one angler - juniors (15 and under) may fish with their parent / guardian.
- Only fishing bivvy’s are acceptable - Tents of any kind are not allowed.
- Strictly barbed hooks only on all carp waters
- All anglers fish on Wyreside Lakes at their own risk. All anglers must sign in on arrival at reception.
- Strictly no whole nuts or pellets of any kind to be used. Only pellets purchased on the fishery can be used – these are non-oil based.
- ‘Sensible’ rigs must be used, and in the event of line breakage the ‘lead’ must be able to free itself from the rest of the terminal tackle easily.
- Swimming and tree climbing are strictly forbidden.
- No leaders of any kind to be used. No lead core of any kind to be used including Korda safety zone leaders. Braid can be used on marker rods and spod rods only.
- When using spombs – spomb floats must be used at all times. Floats are required to detect any break offs so they can be retrieved by the bailiffs only.
- Main line only. This must be a minimum of 15 lb. breaking strain. On the coarse lake (Fox’s) 6lb min may be used.
- All anglers must observe a maximum 3 rod limit (4 rods are allowed for pike fishing and carp in the winter months only). No rods may be left unattended with lines cast in or with baited hooks, this includes marker floats. Anglers must hold the appropriate EA licenses.
- No remote controlled bait boats or floating aids to be used for baiting swims.
- All fish, of any kind, must be returned to the water as quickly as possible after being caught. It is a condition that all anglers have proper landing nets and unhooking mats for the catchment and weighing of fish. Fish can be sacked for a minimum amount of time for photography purposes only and must be returned with care as soon as possible. Anglers must remember to disinfect their fishing nets / keep nets before entering the Fishery. Keep nets can only be used with silvers - strictly no carp to be kept in nets and a maximum of 30lbs in weight at any one time.
- All visitors (Including season ticket visitors) must report into reception before entering onto the property. Visitors are not allowed to drive around the fishery and must park in the main car park adjacent to the security barrier. They must also pay the appropriate parking fee and display the ticket in their vehicle window. Vistors are not permitted after 8pm in the summer months and 5pm in the winter months - a maximum of 2 visitors are allowed at any one time.
- Anglers must behave responsibly with regards to the intake of alcohol when fishing on the lakes. We uphold a ZERO TOLERANCE TO DRUGS policy and we are in direct contact with Lancaster police station.
- If you have a guest they must be signed in & a camping fee must be paid at reception-(see campsite pricelist for seasonal variations) this is to cover the usage of amenities such as the toilets & showers. Any other friends or relatives who wish to stay must do so in the camping field or any of the other accommodation at Wyreside Lakes.
- Access to the Lakes with vehicles is via the gravel track. All vehicles on the Fishery must abide by the 10 mph speed limit. Cars must be parked in the designated parking areas. Vehicles must not be parked alongside or at the back of the swims unless parking spaces are allocated - i.e. all roadside swims on Sunnyside 1, Sunnyside 2 and River lakes and also swims 1-5 on Banton’s. Under no circumstances should vehicles be driven around the lakes or on any grassed areas.
- Anglers should note that the Fishery entrance will be secured at night. The main gate will be locked at 10.30pm and re-opened at the scheduled times. There is an emergency service for overnight anglers but this is strictly for serious emergencies only. Work call outs and disputes are not classed as an emergency.
- The security barrier is manned during the following seasons / times:
- June to August 7am until 8pm
- September to October (date the clocks go back) 7am until 7pm
- October (last week) until 31st March 8am until 5pm
- 1st April to May 31st 7am until 7pm
- There will be strictly no admittance after dark. All anglers must report their catch status to a member of staff in reception on leaving and the barrier will be raised. Members are not allowed to raise the barrier themselves from reception
- No fires or loud CD players / radios are permitted. 1 dog per angler is permitted - dogs must be on a lead and dog foul must be cleared up. Any angler not adhering to this rule will be asked to leave the premises without refund.
- All litter, including discarded lines, hooks and baits must be taken when leaving the Fishery. There is a bin area in front of reception.
- There will be no day visitors permitted after dark –see the board at reception for last admission times. Pre booked overnight guests are still admitted as long as they arrive during reception open times. Please remember to inform any day visitors that they must park in the top car park and walk to your swim.
- Any Anglers (including members) who use the bar at the weekends must ensure that their rods are not left in the water and understand that all their equipment is left at their own risk. You will be allowed a sociable drink only - any evidence of excess alcohol will result in refusal of service by the bar manager. Under no circumstances should you drive from the bar back to your swim - anyone found doing this will be asked to leave (without refund) the property in the morning and given an automatic ban.
- No weapons of any kind may be taken onto the Fishery.
- If you have a fishing dispute with any other angler which cannot be reasonably settled, please call reception on 01524 792093 and ask for bailiff assistance.
- Please ensure that you keep all your fishing tackle and equipment within eyesight, where possible, leave your bivvy door unzipped and open. Any equipment such as spare rods, spod or marker rods, bank sticks etc not being used should be packed down and stored in your car or bivvy. Wherever possible try to fix the volumes on your alarms so they cannot be removed without noise. Please report anything suspicious, 24hrs a day, to our bailiffs on either- or 07715490325 or 07739039307 or 07947772026. If possible make sure all your fishing tackle is insured for use on the bank, both day and night. Most reputable insurers will cover this if asked. The tackle company, Korda, now offer a specific insurance for anglers. Unfortunately thieves do operate in this area (as commonly found in and around most commercial fisheries) although we have CCTV cameras, a barrier and the main entrance gate; there are several other access points around the fishery and public rights of way which are difficult to monitor 24hrs a day.
- These rules and regulations are there to ensure all visitors at Wyreside Lakes have a safe and pleasant stay. Any persons found not complying with any of the above regulations will immediately be asked to leave without refund.
- We reserve the right to alter any of the fishery rules and regulations at any time should it be necessary to do so.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SEASON TICKET MEMBERS.
- Members are permitted to fish for 48 hours in any one week - 1 week is based from Monday – Sunday. Each individual angler is allocated 2 weeks holiday per year; however this must be booked in advance as we only allow 6 people to use their holidays per lake per week. Individual days cannot be booked. You can purchase extra nights throughout the year at a discounted rate of £20 per night – however extra nights are not available to purchase in the months of April and May. Non-members (max of 6 at any time) are allowed to fish Wyre Lake from October the 1st to March the 31st the consecutive year - Monday to Friday only. Non-members are allowed to fish Bantons Lake Monday to Friday from June 1st until August 31st and then Monday to Sunday from September 1st until March 31st annually.
- Swim monopolizing between season ticket holders is not allowed.
- Members are responsible for any guests at the fishery and any unacceptable behaviour will impact on your membership.
- We reserve the right to close the lake by advance notice for purposes of holding competitions etc. The number of occasions will however be kept to a minimum.
- The fishery boats are to be used for the release of snagged fish only and anglers who use the boats must be able to swim, preferably another person should be with them. 2 Life jackets are provided on each lake (and must be worn) and are located in a wooden station at Banton’s / Fox’s car park and Wyre car park. All members should know the lock code – each year it is printed on the renewal paperwork and also emailed directly to the members on their renewal or new memberships. Members without email must check at reception to be advised of any changes to the lock code. Wyreside Lakes accepts no responsibility for any accidents or injuries to any persons using the boats and / or loss of personal effects whilst utilising the boats.
- Please note: - Banton’s and Wyre lakes are not syndicated waters - they are membership waters which entitle you to a greatly reduced price of fishing on two of the Northwest's specimen carp waters. Although we do appreciate (and value) any input or comments from our fishery members - members do not have any constitutional rights to how the lakes / or fishery business is conducted.
- During the months of April and May each year there will be no day tickets allowed on Wyre or Banton’s and all members will be restricted to a 48hr max sessions - no extra days can be purchased. Any anglers who have pre-booked their holidays will be allowed a week session but this will be restricted to a maximum of 6 anglers per week so holidays must be pre-booked.
- All members who chose to use the bar must reel in all rods and de-bait rigs. All fishing tackle and personal items are left at your own risk. You must not drive to the bar as there is a no drink driving on site if you do utilise your vehicle you will not be served alcohol. The bar is there for everyone to use at the managements discretion. However, if you are staying overnight you are asked to drink sensibly and you will not be served any shots -social drinking only. If you are already under the influence of alcohol on entering the bar you may be refused service. Any resistance may result in a warning against your ticket and could result in a ban with no refund – management’s decisions is final.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PIKE FISHING.
We allow pike fishing on Wyre, Banton’s, Sunny 1 & Sunny 2 and River lakes. Pike anglers are allowed to use a maximum of 4 rods. You must bring /purchase your own bait – you cannot use the fishery freshwater livestock.
- Semi Barbed trebles.
- Spinning and dead bait only, fresh or sea.
- Adequate size and depth unhooking mat.
- Forceps and side cutters (hook cutters) must be used at all times.
- 36" min landing net.
- 15lb min line mono, 30lb min braided mainline can be used.