Policies and Procedures
After we have securely transmitted details of your order, we will retain your name, address, telephone number and email address information for 1 year in order that we can stay in touch with you with regards to your booking. Our telephone system will retain your name and telephone number indefinitely. You also have the right to request that we delete any or all personal data Wyreside Lakes holds about you at any time. We do not share your data with any organisations outside of Wyreside lakes and your data will only be used for the purposes we have discussed either by telephone or email. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This wouldn’t affect any use of your data carried out up until that point, but would have immediate effect from when we receive your request. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us by phone or e-mail, or by writing to us – our full address can be found on our website at www.wyresidelakes.co.uk. If you do not give us permission to use your data, unfortunately we will be unable to fulfil your order without your permission and we will not be able to continue with any bookings.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email Wyresidelakes@btconnect.com or write to: Wyreside Lakes, Sunnyside Farmhouse, Bay Horse, LA2 9DG.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide services and to enable bookings and to perform certain functions on this website.
We also collect information (for example utilising Google Analytics) to better understand how visitors use our website and booking system.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email or telephone.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Wyreside lakes, Sunnyside farmhouse, Bay Horse, LA2 9DG.
- To opt out of our email marketing, update your preferences on Mailchimp, our email marketing platform.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Wyreside Lakes domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.